Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Liar, Liar... (aka Candlelight part 2)

This can be also be titled, "Men are from Mars, Women..." well, you know how that goes...

Anyway, I have a confession. I went to dinner with my husband on our anniversary; I did not stay home with the kids alone. OK. It's out there. I feel so much better. Kinda...  Hmmmm. Here I am trying to reach out and relate to a certain group of women and it turns out to be false!!! Yikes!

To my defense though, I did not know
that I was going to dinner when I wrote that blog! Even more so, I don't think my husband knew he was taking me to dinner when I was in the middle of writing that blog. (Or maybe he did, but I don't want to think so, sooooo I'll just cover my ears and lalalala on that one)

AND, in all honesty, this really truly may have been the first anniversary the hubby was home - not to mention the birthdays, Mother's days, that have been spent without him. So even if this story to pan out the way I thought, it was sincerely a reflection of other moments in my history - just with different types of food. :-)

So anywhooo...this is how it went down:

Phone call from hubby at 5:30 -
Hubby - Get ready to go, we are leaving for dinner at 6:45. Your sister is coming over to watch the kids.
Me - What?! Have you seen this house, it's a mess, I'm still working on my 'clothes' project and...
Hubby - Don't worry about it, she offered to take them at her house. I'll call her back
Me - Ok. Thanks. Bye.
And yes Ladies, I was very proud of him to get a sitter. He knows he needs to do this when it pops things last minute on me...

Text from me to hubby at 5:40
Me - Where are we going
Hubby - Don't know!!! (he loves surprises and fyi - i hate them)
Me - Are you going to see how I look and then decide?
Hubby - Casual nice. Not too nice

REALLY!?!?

Are we speaking the same language? Long story short. We went to a dinner at a very nice restaurant on Saturday night. Sunday night? Pancakes and sparkling grape soda with the girls... So I had two fab meals in one weekend.

1 comment: