Saturday, April 30, 2011

Candlelight Dinner for Three

I've been married for 6 years today! Time to break out the bubbly! ...bubbly grape soda that is...

I'll be spending the evening with my 2 darling daughters. After spending the day with my girls, including a trip to Macaroni Grill for lunch and a trip to Target, I'll be making a delicious candlelight pancake dinner for the 3 of us.

What do you mean something does not sound right? You mean about the candles? Yeah, I should probably nix that idea...  Ohhhh....something or someone is missing? Yeah, that would be my husband, who has to work again tonight. He needs to prep for a big chef event tomorrow. Don't worry though, I did get told "Happy Anniversary" this morning before he left, and, when he called while I was at Macaroni Grill for lunch I thanked him and told him that I would send him the bill. Gifts that you didn't know you were going to give are the best, right?!

In all seriousness though, thankfully, I'm not really the romantic type and since I don't know any different, it really doesn't bother me (too much). Being a single mom for 8 years prior kinda prepared me as well. Besides, somewhere out there are several women celebrating their anniversary  alone. Whether it is due to career, military deployment, or any other reason, it doesn't change the fact that our spouses still love us and married us x amount of years ago.

So, I lift up my glass of sparkling grape soda and say "Cheers!" to all the Married Singles out there!

FYI - I'm typing this on my cell phone, so I'm not sure what it looks like. I'm hoping its readable and easy to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment