Thursday, April 28, 2011

Visitation Sucks

Visitation sucks. Sucks for the kid going back and forth. Sucks for the “visiting” parent to only see their kid on a visitation/temp basis. Sucks for the siblings who miss their brother. And it really sucks for me.
Even if it is only for a few days at a time, I feel like a piece of my heart is missing the entire time, every time. You would think that after 13 years, I would be used to it. Nope. Not me. It would be very selfish for me to not want him to visit his father, but I have to be honest in my imaginary selfish world that is how it would be. Of course… it is  the real world, and not only is driving my son over to his dad’s every other week what I have to do, it is also the right thing to do because they love him too. Someone just needs to tell that to my heart, because it’s about to be temporarily broken yet again starting tomorrow morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment